We gobbled till we wobbled and boy did we wobble….Here’s one of the recipes from my Thanksgiving 2017 menu
Shoepeg Corn Casserole
- 3 boxes of Green Giant Shoepeg Frozen corn in Butter sauce (which is getting hard to find — I’ve had to use 3, 11 oz cans of Shoepeg Corn, and add 3 TBS of Butter)
- 8 Oz Brick of Cream Cheese
- 1/3 Cup of Milk
- 2 – 3 Jalapeño Peppers (Canned), chopped
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter (if NOT using Frozen Corn in Butter Sauce)
- 1/2 Sleeve (one of the big ones) Club Crackers finely crushed.
Cook Corn as instructed on either box or can; Add Cream Cheese to mixing bowl and cover with the hot corn and it will melt and stir a little easier. Add Milk, Jalapeño’s & Butter (if NOT using Frozen Corn in Butter Sauce), stirring until completely mixed together. Put into dish to bake it in.
Crush Club Crackers in a bag and cover the top of the corn mixture. Sprinkle w/Paprika.
Bake for 45 minutes (to an hour) @ 325 – 350 degrees. Remove from oven and let sit prior to serving.